- Prepayment of entire balance is required at the time of booking.
- Any changes to your reservation must be received 7 days before arrival
- If you wish to extend your stay, and your site is available, please notify reception before 11:00 a.m. on your scheduled date of departure.
- Occupancy Rules
- Prices are based on two adults per site. Additional adults are $5 per person per day.
- Maximum 4 adults per campsite. The maximum occupancy on a campsite is 6 people if there are children 17 and under in the group.
- Children 17 years old and under are allowed at no additional charge provided that the total number of occupants does not exceed 6 people per site, with no more than 4 of the total occupants being adults.
- To lock in a specific site during the reservation process, there is a fee of $25. If you do not choose to lock in your site, you will be assigned to the section you requested, but we are unable to guarantee your selected site.
- Any cancellations received within 7 days of the scheduled arrival will result in a forfeiture of your entire payment. Cancellations received before this 7 day period are subject to a $35 cancellation fee, the remainder is to be refunded to the credit card on file.
- In the case of any no-shows or early departures, guests will still be responsible for the full amount of their reservation.
- Cancellations will only be accepted by email to email@example.com. Cancellations will not be accepted by phone.
- We do not give credit or refunds due to inclement weather. The fun continues rain or shine!
- Campsite permit holders must be at least 18 years of age.
- The permit holder is responsible for the conduct and behaviour of their family and other guests.
- Where space permits, a maximum of three pieces of shelter equipment are allowed per site—only one of which may be a travel trailer, tent trailer, camper van, motor home or self-propelled camping unit.
- Check in time is 2:00 p.m. Check out time is 11:00 a.m.
- If you wish to change campsites, the change must be cleared with Guest Services prior to occupying the site.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person or animal without notice or reason.
- Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for violating campground rules, destructive behaviour or creating a disturbance. To protect our campers, trespassers will be prosecuted.
- Surf Grove is a family campground. We ask that everyone behaves in a respectful manner.
- Music must be off between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. Loud music is not permitted at any time.
- Quiet time is 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Excessive noise is not permitted at any time.
- Visitors must be off-site by 10:00 p.m. The permit holder is responsible for his or her guests.
- Generators must be turned off between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Any after-hours emergencies can be referred to our onsite security. In the case of an acute health emergency, please call 911.
- Anyone who fails to comply with campground regulations will be required to vacate the property immediately. No refunds will be provided.
- Surf Grove is not responsible for any loss of or damage to any personal or private property. Please keep all valuables stored and locked away.
- Cutting or chopping trees on or around the Surf Grove property is prohibited, as is the burning of any Surf Grove property. Firewood is available for purchase at Guest Services
- We do everything in our power to protect our surrounding woodlands. Please do not connect rain covers or tie anything else to bushes, campground infrastructure, or trees. All rain covers must be free-standing and secured to the ground.
- Do not forage for wood or damage the bushes or other flora. Roasting sticks are available to purchase at the office.
Fires on Surf Grove property
- All fires must be contained to a fire ring.
- Fire rings are not to be moved.
- All fires must be monitored by an adult.
- Fire rings are not to be used for burning garbage.
- Please only use CLEAN firewood (no metals, nails, paint, stains or other chemicals). Bundles of firewood are available for purchase at Guest Services.
- On Cox Bay Beach, fires of any kind are prohibited. This is strictly enforced by law, and may result in being required to vacate Surf Grove Campground.
- Friendly pets with up-to-date vaccinations are welcome.
- Campers bringing pets are subject to a one-time fee of $20 per pet. Limit of two pets per campsite.
- Because there are wild animals in the area, pets must be kept on leash at all times while on our property.
- You are responsible for picking up after your pooch.
- Please do not leave your pets unattended.
- Cats must remain inside your vehicle.
- All vehicles must be registered at Guest Services. A valid parking pass should be on display at all times.
- We are a family campground. Kids are at play throughout our property. Therefore, a speed limit of 8km/h (5mph) is enforced.
- Parking for one vehicle (or two motorcycles) is included in your campsite rental. Additional parking passes can be purchased for $10.
- Vehicles are not to be parked on any grass or roadway, or in other campsites. Additional parking is available near the Guest Services office.
- Washing of vehicles on Surf Grove property is not permitted.
- Use of dirtbikes or ATVs is prohibited on Surf Grove property.
Garbage and food waste
- Please use our garbage, recycling and compost services.
- Cleaning fish on Surf Grove property is not permitted. Your fish must be cleaned, and the remains disposed of, before you return to the campground. Any fish or garbage odor in individual campsites is a serious bear attractant, and therefore poses a danger to all campers.
- Campsites must be kept clean and free of food scraps. We have bears for neighbours, and unfortunately a fed bear is a dead bear.
- To ensure our property is safe for both guests and local wildlife, our staff will remove any food or garbage that is left unattended and/or is not stored in a vehicle or other safe location.
- Absolutely no tenting is permitted on Cox Bay Beach. This is strictly enforced, and may result in being required to vacate Surf Grove Campground.
- Fires of any sort are prohibited on Cox Bay Beach. This is strictly enforced by bylaw, and may result in being required to vacate Surf Grove Campground.
- Please clean up after yourself. Remember: leave only footprints.